Sunday, May 22, 2011

Weekend, Weekend

Friday night I got home from work to find that my parents were out to eat.  It is absurd how excited I get when I am home alone, because I do not have the house to myself that often.  

Since it was Friday and it was just me and the dog, I decided to have a beer while watching my DVR'd Parks and Rec (latest television obsession).  Drinking the beer was fine, but I found myself looking out the window to the driveway every two minutes to see if my parents were home...and when they pulled in I literally RAN TO THE SINK AND POURED OUT THE BEER AND HID THE BOTTLE.  I am 22!  Almost 23, legally allowed to drink, and drink alone if I so choose, for almost three years now.  But I was afraid I would get in trouble and like, grounded or something.  Oh, boy, I need to get out.

And get out I did, the next day at my sister's housewarming cookout.  Sure, my parents were there, but so were two of my best friends and all of my sister's friends, so it was a really fun time.  The weather was great, thank God, because Mother Nature is apparently pissed and taking it out on Boston.  

The night before my friend Cristina and I made homemade sangria...


...which turned out delicious.  Sure, we strayed a bit from the recipe by adding the entire bottle of brandy but I think that just made it tastier.  And led to fun moments like this:

Yay alcohol!

That night the three of us and Erica's bunny-boo went into Boston to a couple of Faneuil Hall bars, which was pretty uneventful but fun to see Cristina get hit on by tourists from Ohio.  Then this morning we went to Panera and planned our Super Awesome Mega Badass Boston Scavenger Hunt we are doing this June...more details later!  Overall, a very good weekend con mis chicas.


And now it's Sunday night, and I'm sitting on the couch, flipping back and forth between Harry Potter and Scary Movie 2.  Thinking about how Tim Curry scares me way more than a real-life Voldemort ever could.  Food for thought!


No comments:

Post a Comment