Monday, May 30, 2011

I want to be Carrie Bradshaw

This weekend I did that thing I always do, where I spend hours shopping and buy a few items that look cute and aren't too expensive and I know I'll wear a lot.  Then the second I get home and try them on again, I know that I have to go back and return them.  Do any of you do that too?  I can't be the only one.

On Sunday Erica and I spent the day in Boston - got lunch (and sangria!) on Newbury Street and then shopped until we almost fell asleep on the T.  It was a gorgeous day, sunny and hot, but unfortunately I did not take any pictures :[ 

I am going to Europe for two weeks in about a month, and all I want is to be able to step off the plane or train or bus looking like this:

But because I am me, I'm sure I will look like this:


I mean, it's hot in Europe!  How am I supposed to look cute and trendy while also staying cool and appropriate for the kiddies (I'll be on a tour with high school students)?  I bought a few options this weekend...



White shirt, TJ Maxx. Loose and light.

H&M, shirt and belt.  I'm imagining London will have the coolest weather because it is rainy and stuff, so I can wear this there with long shorts or capris.


Shirt and skirt, H&M, belt is mine.  Parisian, sort of, right? Maybe? I don't know.  Ignore my toes.


Sneakers, Steve Madden, flats, TJ Maxx.  IN LOVE with both pairs!  And flower hair accessories from H&M.




I know I have a LOT more to do so that I can pack absolutely everything I will need.  Thankfully I still have a month...but I know the day I leave I will be frantically running out to the mall to get that striped sundress I just have to have for the beach-side village I am imagining in Italy.


I mean, is it entirely too much to ask for me to spend one day in Paris looking like this?




Probably.  Any travel fashion tips out there??

Hope everyone had a great long weekend, and Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh, don't ask me about fashion. I am totally not stylish. Haha. I really wish that we had an H&M though. Such cute clothes!!

    ReplyDelete